1.3.09

life for rent?

I came across with one blog where the lady expresses her thoughts (quite pathetically) and how this song relates her life. I can only wish the lady in that blog is feeling better now. I have not really been religiously following Dido's music but once I get into it, her songs would really get you down to your nerves. I love her "Thank You" for sure. Well, I didn't know she came out with this song last 2003. Just click on the title to listen to the music.

Life For Rent
by Dido

I haven't really ever found a place that I call home
I never stick around quite long enough to make it
I apologize that once again I'm not in love
But it's not as if I mind
that your heart ain't exactly breaking

It's just a thought, only a thought

But if my life is for rent and I don't lean to buy
Well I deserve nothing more than I get
Cos nothing I have is truly mine

I've always thought
that I would love to live by the sea
To travel the world alone
and live my life more simply
I have no idea what's happened to that dream
Cos there's really nothing left here to stop me

It's just a thought, only a thought

But if my life is for rent and I don't learn to buy
Well I deserve nothing more than I get
Cos nothing I have is truly mine

While my heart is a shield and I won't let it down
While I am so afraid to fail so I won't even try
Well how can I say I'm alive

If my life is for rent...

2 comments:

Nance said...

Looks like this is a very thought provoking song...depends how each one interpret it. too bad it's not letting me listen to the music. :(
Good day, ev!

ev said...

nance, am sorry i cannot provide a video or another way to have you listened to the music. youtube neither work well in this pc.

anyway yeah, it still depends on one's understanding of the song.