12.8.10

zahanie..

"Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. It is the Islamic month of fasting, in which participating Muslims refrain from eating, drinking and sexual activities from dawn until sunset. Fasting is intended to teach Muslims about patience, humility, and spirituality. It is a time for Muslims to fast for the sake of God, Allah. and to offer more prayer than usual. During Ramadan, Muslims ask forgiveness for past sins, pray for guidance and help in refraining from everyday evils, and try to purify themselves through self-restraint and good deeds. (wikipedia.org)

I am sharing this story 'coz during our field demo practice this afternoon for our school's approaching event, my student Zahanie ( a Muslim boy),went complaining at me about his condition. He hasn't been eating since the start of Ramadan. He looked pale and so I asked him to take some liquid or maybe just plain water but he refused to. Zahanie is a student who sometimes causes me headache inside the classroom because of being talkative, lacking of attention and focus. But as I saw him this afternoon during the practice, my impressions about him have changed. At such a young age, his obedience to the the Muslim culture and tradition made me think that, even as a young boy, he has perhaps grown to be matured and his sincerity in spite of it all, is beyond measure.

God bless everyone!:)

No comments: