5.12.07

On politics....

For quite some time, I had been writing commentaries regarding the economic and political issues in our country. But these issues went out to be so tiring to me and so I stopped airing my views and sentiments.

Late last night, while I was half asleep, left the tv on, I heard a news that stirred me back to my entire consciousness and that really made me awake! "
Mrs. Arroyo along with 35 congressmen went on a European trip. The news reported that the trip could have been a gift from Madam President to these congressmen for drafting the impeachment complaint against her. It has been said too that they might also be using the government's funds for this trip and so this issue needs further investigation." For whatever reason, whether its an expense paid by the government or coming from their own pocket, I was like whaaaaattttt?? How could these "public servants" still manage to spend lavishly when they know in the first place that our country was just hit by typhoons and some of our countrymen are in chaos now living like wanderers at the evacuation center.

What's wrong with the mindset of this government?! Instead of spending money for their people, they can still afford to go on such a luxurious trip!!I couldn't help but feel so frustrated with these kind of leaders. I was really blown away with the news...I can't afford to keep my views over the government this time. I only hope they do not get enough sleep during that trip while thinking of the rest of our poor countrymen in chaos.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! That is just too much! Why couldn't they cancel their European tour and give some of those ticket money to the victims! Maybe they need to watch the news more often in case they missed things like typhoon!
Shoshana

lheeanne said...

Ah nakakainis tlga yan! paulit ulit nalang dina nagsawa!

Anonymous said...

I could not think of any politically correct term to define their arrogance and insensitivity.... sooo sad to realize that what we have is actually a pathetic government.

Unknown said...

nakaka depress nga Ev,tapos bumaba pa ang value ng dollars and yen,i pity the overseas workers.. hayy..

hey,i missed you pala!


Happy weekend!
hugs,
ghee

Mari said...

The Philippine government sucks; the government officials are s*&%$#@. They are supposed to serve the people, but...never mind...grrrrrrrr. Nakakainis lang.

SailorWitch said...

oi, i used to be sensitive when reading issues like this. but you see guys, nothing had changed after marcos. nagbasa na lang ako ng mga love stories at kinig drama sa radyo... naibsan pa ang bigat ng heart ko...
hehee
everyone Merry xmassss!!!