12.12.06

The lesson...

"It's not how much you give in what you do but it's how much of your heart that you pour out in all that you do.."

My teaching experience with Chris really taught me a lot. Sometimes it feels like digging a desperate well..and what i do is but a sorry attempt. Out of desperation, it even crossed my mind to better stop this struggle. Though i give my heart in what i do, i still couldn't feel so content with what he can only afford to grasp from what i taught. The shoelacing session was like torture to both of us(he'd really complain)... finding him hardly able to do such a very basic means of independency. The reading session is even tougher...coz his interest on it depends on his mood. It seems to me that the challenge is more than i can only encompass as his tutor. I almost felt quiting.

But not this morning, I'm surprised to hear him able to read some sentences though they're read in broken lines. It's like music to my ears...somehow i feel a sense of fulfillment. Looking back from how we started..from there i see that he has really made a good leap now...even great..this must have been Chris's wonderful gift to me this christmas...realizing all the tough times when it's not only I who endured so patiently but him....and then somehow all those times when I was there for him have already been paid off. Because that's what i promise myself...that he'll learn before i go....

I learned a lot from people. If i were to recap** all that have happened to me during this whole year, and all the people who come and go...i say, thanks to them...to all of you...and that this makes my perspective in life deepen in a way. Because of this, i am now a better person if not best.

Thanks Chris...and thanks to all who became a part of me..i want you all to know that i may appear to be such just a myth in this site...but deep in my heart....i am real....and i will never trade a single moment of knowing you guys.

****It's Chris' birthday on Dec.14...Advance Happy birthday Chris!

2 comments:

lheeanne said...

Happy birthday kay Chris at advance merry xmas to u my fren! muahhhhhh!

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday to Chris...

little things mean a lot talaga,konting improvement lang,i feel some achievements na...though,mas mahirap ang situation mo..i feel that so often..,quitting,pero after seeing their smile and observing some changes,tanggal lahat ng pagod ko.

Good luck to you,mah fren..they need you...